jaap, 2012-07-12 11:53
h1. LAOS Laser
This site is about an Open Source laser engraver/cutter controler system, both hardware and software. Further info can be found on the [[Rationale and background]] page. The site was created in 2010 by Jaap Vermaas and Peter Brier, and is now being taken further with the help of many [[Contributors]].
A laser cutter consists of several components, further described on the [[Overview]] page - this site focuses on units such as the [[HPC LS3020]], in combination with the LAOS electronics. For a full list, see the [[Supported lasers]] so far. The current electronics are [[Mainboard v0.3]] and [[i2cpanel vx.x]] - check the [[Older electronics boards]] list for previous versions.
> Tip: for quick navigation on this site, see the tabs at the top of each page on this site.
* Figure out what you'll need and where to get it
* Prepare your laser cutter for use with LAOS (including first firing test)
* Assemble the LAOS electronics boards
* Install firmware and verify proper operation
* Connect the electronics and hook it up to your network
* Install software on your Windows, Mac, or Linux pc
* Troubleshooting - Where to get help - Contributing to this wiki
* HPC LS3020
* Materials and settings
* Mainboard v0.3
* I2cpanel vx.x
* LAOS firmware
* LAOS CUPS driver
h3. Older information
h2. Useful links