This site is about an Open Source laser engraver/cutter controler system, both hardware and software. Further info can be found on the Rationale and background page. The site was created in 2010 by Jaap Vermaas and Peter Brier, and is now being taken further with the help of many Contributors.
A laser cutter consists of several components, further described on the Overview page - this site focuses on units such as the HPC LS3020, in combination with the LAOS electronics. For a full list, see the Supported lasers so far. The current electronics are Mainboard v0.3 and i2cpanel vx.x - older versions are listed at the end of this page.
Tip: for quick navigation on this site, see the tabs at the top of each page on this site.
- Figure out what you'll need and where to get it
- Prepare your laser cutter for use with LAOS (including first firing test)
- Assemble the LAOS electronics boards
- Install firmware and verify proper operation
- Connect the electronics and hook it up to your network
- Install required software on your Windows, Mac, or Linux pc
- Troubleshooting - Where to get help - Contributing to this wiki
- HPC LS3020
- Materials and settings
- Mainboard v0.3
- I2cpanel vx.x
- LAOS firmware
- LAOS CUPS driver