Decoupling of the stepper drives
The stepstick drives are prone to oscillate when driving capacitive loads (long cables) at high current setting.
a 100uF electrolytic capacitor close to the drive can overcome that problem.
Solution: provide a footprint underneath the pololu (between the contact rows) for a 100uF capacitor.
A radial capacitor can be bent 90degrees and placed under the driver (same solution as on ultimaker board).
The 4th axis does not need this (that is close to the power connector and there is no space due to the FFC connector).
#1 Updated by jaap over 10 years ago
- Category set to Mainboard
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version set to Laos Mainboard Rev4
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I will add them...
#2 Updated by jaap over 10 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 10 to 100
added capacitors, see rev4 in github
#3 Updated by jaap over 10 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- Assignee set to jaap
Solved in mainboard rev4