This site is about an Open Source laser engraver/cutter controller system, both hardware and software. Further info can be found on the Rationale and background page. The site was created in 2010 by Jaap Vermaas and Peter Brier, and is now being taken further with the help of many Contributors.
A laser cutter consists of several components, as described on this page - this site focuses on units such as the HPC LS3020, in combination with the LAOS electronics. For a full list, see the Supported lasers so far. The current electronics are LAOS Mainboard v0.3 and LAOS I2C panel v0.3 - older versions are listed on the Electronics page.
Tip: for quick navigation, see the tabs at the top of each page on this site.
- [Figure out what you'll need and where to get it]
- [Prepare your laser cutter for use with LAOS] (including a first firing test)
- [Assemble the LAOS electronics boards]
- [Install firmware and verify proper operation]
- Connect the electronics and hook it up to your network
- [Install required software on your Windows, Mac, or Linux PC]
- Troubleshooting - [Where to get help] - [Contributing to this wiki]
- original wiki - http://wiki.laoslaser.org/index.php/OpensourceLasercutterdriver