Wiki » History » Revision 67
« Previous |
| Next »
hugomeiland, 2013-02-20 08:41
- Table of contents
- LAOS Laser
This site is about an Open Source laser engraver/cutter controller system, both hardware and software. Further info can be found on the Rationale and background page. The site was created in 2010 by Jaap Vermaas and Peter Brier, and is now being taken further with the help of other Contributors.
A laser cutter consists of several components, as described on this page - this site focuses on units such as the HPC LS3020, in combination with the LAOS electronics. For a full list, see the Supported lasers so far. The current electronics are LAOS Mainboard v0.3 and LAOS I2C panel v0.3 - older versions are listed on the Electronics page.
Warning: If you have Rev4 board, read http://redmine.laoslaser.org/issues/68
Tip # 1: for quick navigation, see the tabs at the top of each page on this site.
Tip # 2: click on the section titles below for a list of all the pages related to that section.
- [Figure out what you'll need and where to get it]
- [Prepare your laser cutter for use with LAOS] (including a first firing test)
- Assembling the LAOS electronics boards
- [Install firmware and verify proper operation]
- Connect the electronics and hook it up to your network
- [Install required software on your Windows, Mac, or Linux PC]
- Troubleshooting - [Where to get help] - [Contributing to this wiki]
- How does a laser cutter work?
- HPC LS3020
- LaOS on the road
- A list of users with LAOS converted lasercutters
- Software overview
- LAOS firmware
- LAOS configuration file
- SimpleCode (laos gcode file format)
- LAOS CUPS driver
- [Historical notes]
- original wiki - http://wiki.laoslaser.org/index.php/OpensourceLasercutterdriver
Updated by hugomeiland over 10 years ago · 67 revisions